Blackberry Browser

Bolt Browser Blackberry

Bolt Browser Blackberry Menu
Bolt Browser Blackberry

When I started using the Bolt Browser during its Initial Beta release it was already fast but had a some poblems that needed to worked out. But then things started to change with the more recent releases. I can now say the Bolt browser is impressive and very fast. Just enter the URL you want to visit and in a matter of seconds you can see it on your screen.

The bolt browser has some interesting screen features like split screen, where the top portion is the full view mode and the second half is a zoom mode where you can read the text.

I have to admit the Opera browser is still my favorite in terms of usuability and I still love how in aligns the text so you can read everything without side scrolling. But its nice to keep an additional browser in your phone especially since the browser may be one of your most used software.

I have to give credit to the people who developed the Bolt browser, its not easy making a browser especially since people are very critical about it, but what they did with the bolt is interesting. People who use a phone browser want it very fast and I think they have achieved that end, making me a happy bolt user.

Download Bolt Browser : Bolt Blackberry

Opera 4.2

blackberry Opera Mini 4.2 BETA

blackberry Opera Mini 4.2 BETA Zoom in

The Blackberry browser is getting better, but for most of us still waiting for the Blackberry Bold or the Storm, the new Opera browser is a must have application. You now have different color schemes to choose from, I set mine black to match my dark blackberry curve theme.

I notice a considerable increase in loading time, partly due to Opera updating their server reducing the overall loading time for Opera mini users. I really love this browser, its no safari but works just fine in my Blackberry Curve.

download Desktop install: Opera Mini 4.2 Beta
download Latest Version: Opera Mini 4
download Beta Version: Opera Mini 5 Beta
——————————

Opera Mini 4.1 – ( Latest version with faster browsing and image loading)

The Inventor of tab browsing has created a new browser for the Blackberry. This time it comes with all the modern conveniences of a modern browser such as RSS support, photo sharing, and secure connections.

Description from Opera Website:
Opera Mini allows you access to the full Internet on your BlackBerry device. Users can surf any Web site such as Google, Yahoo, Amazon, eBay, and Hotmail on their BlackBerry device just like they would on a normal computer. Instead of requiring the phone to process Web pages, it uses a remote server to pre-process the page before sending it to the device. You can also download Opera for your desktop so you can sync your bookmarks with your Blackberry and your PC.

Models: Works on all models with enhance feature for new Blackberry Phones

Note: You can use Opera using your Blackberry’s Wifi making a really great companion for your blackberry.

Opera Mini 4.1 Final Release Download: link

Blackberry Shortcuts

This application enables you to have shortcuts to your favorite sites on
your Blackberry. A great time saving device compared to typing the exact
URLs or domain names of your favorite sites which are very difficult to remember.
created by: jfisher
download: Link

17 Responses to Blackberry Browser

1. [adventures.in.anonymity] says:

i’ve been using opera mini for a few months now and i absolutely love it. i just wish that it scrolled easier and it had copy and paste functionality. but other than that, i love it.ps: you have a great website. thanks.

2. harryb says:

I have developed a free software for blackberry. How can i post my software here.Thanks a lot in advancehmb143@gmail.com

3. David Parke says:

any tmobile curve users having issues with this as well?

4. David Parke says:

any other tmobile curve users having issues with opera mini not working on their device?

5. G says:

Any t-mobile curve users.To use opera mini, you need to change your <>Options > Advanced > TCP<>Then change the APN value to <>wap.voicestream.com<>Username/Password stay blank.

6. I Cant get this to work on Curve…anyone have any luck with it?

7. My Verizon 8830 wouldn’t accept the newest version so I downloaded without signatures. I am finally able to access many sites I’ve been needing including my own. Yippee!=DIt may not be perfect but I love this browser!

8. tender1 says:

tneilthomas I have a verizon curve also and when you downloaded without signatures what did u mean?

9. Hi tender1,I have the world phone rather than the curve, so not sure whether that signature thing applies to you. It’s been several months ago when I downloaded opera mini. I think I just chose a different version on the website, which said “without signatures”. Couldn’t tell you what it means. Good luck!

10. I downloaded the two files for opera mini but can’t open them. Help!

11. Walt says:

Somebody want to explain “signatures”

12. akinse1515 says:

i have my opera mini 4.2.. i can browse in it.. but i can't download.. even a small size picture.. what should i do?? please answer.. thank you

13. chico says:

i use operamini 4.2 on tmobile with the curve and use epc.tmobile.com on apn setting with username password balnk and works fine.

14. I'm trying to use opera mini on my 8900 curve with AT&T I like how it works but, it keeps asking for permissions. And if you want to upload a pic it ask for permission on every folder and file. Anybody have any ideas?

15. Luciana says:

yeah its also asking me permission constantly, it says that opera mini is trying to connect with a low level site… ?! ideas?

16. michael mcdonald says:

I tried opera mini and it is real fast but where I am I use the blacberry service to go online , and I notice it takes the charges off my phone , which is not working out

17. kingmzondojnr says:

I use a curve. I browse using opera 6 bt everytym I try to download The browser says no internet configeration. Wat do I do?