Local Maps for the Blackberry

Google Maps ( New update: version Version 2.1.0 )

I’m always lost when it comes to working a GPS guidance system, to those who just want a simple map system would be the best. An answer to my prayer cam when google finally released Google Maps and Local for the Blackberry.

blaclberry software freeware

It currently does not work for all blackberry models but only the lastest ones. It works for 5 blackberry models and they’re working on make it compatible with older models.

Link: Google Maps

Live Search – Blackberry

Here an alternative to Google Maps, although I find Live Search sluggish compared to Google
Maps, it also has some great features which may come in handy when your traveling or just in a new neighborhood. You can search for businesses or get directions and even get traffic updates.

download: live search mobile Blackberry

8 Responses to Local Maps for the Blackberry

1. whiz says:

this doest seem to be working in united arab emirates – DUBAI , it say connection problem, anyone who can give a solution?

2. Christopher says:

Downloaded Live Search recently to see what it was about. I am thoroughly impressed so far, and am starting to seriously consider removing Google Maps from my handset.

3. Jun Geng says:

It seems that google maps doesn’t use wifi to connect to its service. Thus, if you only have email plan, but no data plan, your blackberry won’t work on gmaps. In another hand, live maps works! They use wifi!! So, I think maybe google and RIM has some agreement to make poor people,like me out of their business. It’s ok, just enjoy live.

4. jon says:

I am a gadget freak and I love my BB Curve. This program is the only thing that could’ve made it better. I travel a lot and it is the perfect companion.

5. daniel twee says:

i just got my bb storm, i would like to know whether this device support garmin GPS sympian version.

6. daniel twee says:

I just got my blackberry storm, I would like to whether this device support Garmin GPS sympian software?

7. bikerjoe78 says:

with my bb curve 8310 4.2 google maps was perfect but now using bb curve 8320 4.5 it lists my location about 1 mile away is there any way to get it calibrated to my correct location?

8. bikerjoe78 says:

with my bb curve 4.2 google maps was perfect but now using 4.5 it lists my location about 1 mile away is there any way to get it calibrated to my correct location?